As I thought about teamwork, the first thing that came to mind was:Great teams shape and are shaped by great leaders. Click To Tweet
I’ll never forget the first time I saw Tim Duncan of the San Antonio Spurs (and future Hall of Famer) play basketball. I watched the TV screen shocked by a tall and lanky center. How could he succeed in ACC basketball at Wake Forest without bulking up more?
I didn’t have a category for someone like him. He constantly dominated the basketball court. His opponents seemed baffled.But then I noticed the truly shocking part about Tim Duncan. It wasn’t all about the show or the size. It wasn’t about emotional intimidation.
Duncan was different.
What I witnessed while he played at Wake Forest, I later saw while living in San Antonio as the Spurs won a championship. Then this week I saw Duncan’s teamwork once again as the Spurs won yet another NBA Championship.
Duncan realized early on that teamwork wins championships. He rarely needed to show extreme emotion. His game stood on its own and his team stood his shoulders.
When you think about teams, what comes to mind? How have you invested in your team this week? Below you will find 20 Quotes on Teamwork. Consider these this week as you lead and/or serve.
Pick one and take action (make sure to consult your team first).
20 Quotes on Teamwork
1) The difference between success and failure is a great team. @davekerpen
2) If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. -Henry Ford
3) The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team. -Phil Jackson
4) It takes two flints to make a fire. -Louisa May Alcott
5) Individual commitment to a group effort is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. -Vince Lombardi
6) Remember teamwork begins by building trust & the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability. -Patrick Lencioni
7) No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it. -H.E. Luccock
8) A single leaf working alone provides no shade. -Chuck Page
9) Together, ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results. -Becka Schoettle
10) None of us is as smart as all of us. -Ken Blanchard
11) Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. – #HenryFord
12) Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much. – #HelenKeller
13) The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual. – #VinceLombardi
14) It is only as we develop others that we permanently succeed. – Harvey S. Firestone
15) Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds. – SEAL Team saying
16) The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. – #BabeRuth
17) People have been known to achieve more as a result of working with others than against them. -Dr. Allan Fromme
18) A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. -Unknown
19) Teams share the burden and divide the grief. -Doug Smith
20) Teamwork is a make or break situation. Either you help make it or the lack of it will break you. -Kris A Hiatt