15 Ways Dads Can Celebrate Mom With Their Kids
1. Make a video of the kids saying what they love about mom (or fond memories)
A video of your children telling mom about memories and the things they love about her is sure to be cherished forever. It doesn’t have to be long and fancy. You could even just film it on your iPhone or other smart phone.
2. Pray before a meal specifically thanking God for mom and what you love about her
Think of the example this sets for your children. Not only do they see that you appreciate your wife, but you are praising the Lord and thanking him for her.
3. Surprise mom by cleaning the house with the kids
Nothing says I love you like a clean house. Mom will appreciate this more than you know! Celebrate mom by giving her a relaxing home to come home to after work (even if you have to get off work early yourself).
4. Take the kids out one night and let mom have a night to relax
Celebrate mom by giving her a night “off”. Let her veg out and catch up on her favorite shows, read a good book, or even take a nap.
5. Study various Scripture passages about moms and teach your kids about mom’s importance
The scriptures have a lot to say about wives and mothers. Especially in proverbs.
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life. — Proverbs 31:10-12 (NIV)
Study these passages with your children. Teach your daughters how to be a wife of noble character and teach your son their value.
6. Ask mom for forgiveness in front of your kids for something you did wrong
Nothing speaks louder to your children then setting an example with your actions in front of them.
7. Tell your kids about dating or wedding memories you have with mom (they’ll tell her about it later)
Tell your kids stories from before they were born. How you and your wife met. Your first date. Wedding stories. Vacations. Everyday funny stories. Childhood stories. I still remember and cherish the stories my dad told me about his marriage, relationships, and childhood. Your kids will thank you later!
8. Cook mom dinner and don’t let her help at all (including cleaning dishes)
In our house my wife does all the cooking. She always appreciates the break when my daughter and I take over the kitchen. Don’t forget to clean up. (This might be the most important part!)
9. Surprise mom with a movie and popcorn family date at home or at the movies
Family nights with popcorn and a movie are our favorite. You can do a double header and watch a family movie with your kids, then watch one just the two of you after you put the kids to bed.'Nothing speaks louder to your children than setting an example with your actions.' -- @bradbridges Click To Tweet
10. Make some kind of painting, collage, or drawing with your kids that shows mom how much you love her
Add to the collection of fine art done by your children on the fridge. Make something intentionally for mom to tell her “thanks” and “we love you.”
11. Say something nice about mom to someone else with your kids present
By speaking highly of your wife (or others) while you’re kids are present you are setting an example of building others up. They will be affirmed of your love for their mom. (and they will probably tell her what you said later)
12. Plan a day out as a family doing all the things mom loves to do
Make her feel loved by planning a day doing all the things she loves to do. Take her to her favorite restaurant. Give her a mini shopping spree at her favorite stores. Watch her favorite movie and make her favorite snack. You get the idea.
13. Sit down with your kids and write her a poem or a song
Are you creative? Help your kids write mom a song or poem. Listening to the sweet things they have to say and all the ways they try to rhyme is sure to be a cherished memory for you.
14. Watch old home videos as a family
Looking back on old family videos and reminiscing together makes for such sweet memories.
If you don’t have many home videos handy try renting one. Our family has two “go to” movies: Elf and Veggie Tales. Try one of these classics.
15. Make a coupon book with things to do for mom through the day or week.
The gift that keeps on giving. Add things like, clean the kitchen, make supper, foot rub, free hugs and kisses. You get the idea.
Take 1 or 2 (or 15) of these things and do them today. Celebrate mom and show her how much you love her.
You must log in to post a comment.